This recipe takes 5 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake. They are also a great gluten free option that also happens to be quite the crowd pleaser. I'm asked to make them all the time and I give them to so many as gifts: teachers, babysitters, house cleaners...my grandfather devours them, as does my husband. At the beginning of the season, I make my way to Sam's Club and buy a bunch of the 2 pound bags of pecans. And before we continue, that's pecahn...not PEEcan. :)
Here's the easiest thing you will make all season!
1 lb halved pecans
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
2 pinches of salt
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees and grease a large baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, whip the egg white until frothy.
3. Stir in the pecans until they are all covered with egg white.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Slowly sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans while stirring. They should be coated well on all sides.
6. Spread them out as flat as possible onto the large baking sheet and pop them into the oven for 20 minutes.*
7. Flip them over half way through. And let them completely cool when they are done.
8. Et Voilà!
*Note that some ovens, and some batches even, cook quicker or slower than others. I usually start checking on them at the 15 minute mark because they can burn easy. I find 20 minutes is a good median time. Honestly, I can now tell they are done by the way they smell. :)
I hope you enjoy with your friends and family!